Halal Demi-glace sauce recipe
30 December 2014
Halal French demi- glace sauce recipe by Chef Ali
I've had many requests on how to make my demi-glace sauce halal mainly by chef's so here it is. Let me know how you all go making it.
My sauce was featured on BBC Radio
Recipe for approximately 1 litre of halal demi-glace sauce. This amount is usually used for chef's catering for about 20 people. Adjust as required.
• Fresh Black grape juice (3 litres)
• 2 large chopped onion
• 1 whole chopped celery
• 2 tbsp black pepper
• 2 tbsp salt
• 10 juniper berries
• 2 whole stems of thymes
• 2 kilos chopped medium size Beef bones
• 3 tbsp of tomato puree
· 1 litre of water
1. Add the black grape juice to a large container
2. Add the onion, celery, black pepper, 2 tbsp salt, berries, and thymes in the same container as the grape juice. Close the container and store in the fridge for 1 week
3. After 1 week
Add the beef bones to oven tray
4. Put ribs in 200 degrees oven for approximately 1 hour, until the bones are brown, and then take out of the oven
5. In a pot add the beef bones, tomato puree, and grape juice from the fridge, 1 litre of water
6. Bring to boil then simmer for 6 hours (do not cover the pot)
7. After 6 hours strain all the jus only into another pot
8. The pot with the jus, bring to boil then simmer approximately for 3 hours or continue to simmer until the volume of liquid (jus) has reduced by three quarters
9. The sauce should now be thick and ready to be served with your dish.
In the dish attached, I've served demi-glace with Halal braised rabbit.